Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 12 Nuchatlitz/Nootka Island Sea Kayak Trip


Tuesday, May 29th/07 11:03 pm
Tull Avenue, home in my bed

Coffee & granola on the beach. Went into the woods & took photos of the cedars. Left, paddled back to Tuta Marina. We came full circle. We did it! We made it. This trip has been very good for my body and soul. It was great. Packed up, drove back to the Lodge & cleaned boats & gear.

Had a great talk w/Jamie Boulding. He's really interested in native stuff & was telling us about this new book, Clam Farms, about how they modified the beaches in the Broughton Archipelago. I want to check it out. And I want to see if Sue & Doug remember Josie, & vice versa. That was a long time ago.

Left the Lodge, drove to Campbell River and Sarah & I had fish & chips & frozen yogurt on the pier.

Drove home. Saw Jimmy right away, he's got a new truck, Alex & Morgan, Alex has a new haircut, Lennie & Serina, they had Johnstone Strait trip stories & some new trade beads & pipe stems. It was a rushed rushed evening. Knew it would be. By ten to nine I was cleaning my gear, dunking & hanging it. Paul called, told me it's going to be really busy at work tomorrow. I'm ready. I'll do my best. Alice called, Serena called, & all the time I'm trying to tie tarps & flies to the clothesline & stuff. By 10:10, I've washed my dishes & everything's put away. I showered, shaved my legs, clipped my toenails, scrubbed, cleaned, toned, moisturized, flossed, brushed, vitamined, all that, and now I'm in bed & it's time to crash. The next three days are a bike courier's busiest days of the month, and they're my days, all three. If I don't call Paul for help I could make $650 or so, which would make up a bit for having missed so much work. I'll try to just do it. Go have breakfast at the Roadrunner early b/c I didn't have time to pick up groceries. Okay. Busy but I can do it.

This past trip -- AMAZING. We were so, so lucky. Thank you thank you Jah, Da, & Scotty. Sunshine, good weather, good decisions, whales, glass, everything. The whole of Nootka Island to ourselves. Good for my body and soul.

Now my main goal is to live each day to its fullest, as an adventure, the way I did this trip. And put first things first. God nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment