Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Endless Numbered Days

Iron and Wine. If you're lying around feeling good about life, this is the band to listen to. And if you want to lie around and feel a little better about death, too, his album Our Endless Numbered Days is good for that. I never think about death. It's just not something I'm concerned with. But here it is anyway, Naked As We Came, my new favourite song. Pass me on the sidewalk and you'll probably hear me singing it.

Naked As We Came


She said, "Wake up, it's no use pretending"
I lay smiling, breathing her.
Birds are leaving over autumn's ending
One of us will die inside these arms.
Eyes wide open, naked as we came
One will spread our ashes round the yard.

She said, "If I die before you, darling,
don't you waste me in the ground."
I lay smiling like our sleeping children
One of us will die inside these arms.
Eyes wide open, naked as we came
One will spread our ashes round the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment