Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hazelnuts and Blackberry Wine

Tore it up on the trails again today. I went with Serina and Serena. Took a few hills I haven't done yet this season, stuff I've had to walk down other times. And I did a little drop, maybe my first! First real one. My head way down, my back up in the air. A real drop. It felt crazy. I rode a few skinnies, too. Good day. More sunshine, still tanktop weather, and just the girls. We did Two and A Juice to Buggered Pig again, then took Spanker to Tied Knot, a new one we had to walk a lot of, and it spat us out at the gate even though I thought we'd get to go down Mama Bear too on the way out.

Earlier today I was out harvesting hazelnuts, and Roxy came and joined me. It was nice to hang out with her, get to know her a bit better. She picked two weeks' worth of blackberries, she told me, and she's making blackberry wine. She told me Jimmy wants to have Thanksgiving out at their cabin at the Alders. It'll be so perfect. There's a big communal firepit out on the beach, and knowing Jimmy he'll do up oysters and mussels and all that. He's great like that. So probably it'll be Cait and I out in Clayoquot kayaking a few days before Thanksgiving, and then I'll make the drive back to be out here the day of. I love my community. I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment