Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Last Mountain Bike Ride of the Summer

I just got back from riding the Cumberland trails. I have a whole gang of girlfriends who ride with me, but this time I headed out alone. The leaves are changing but it's still hot and sunny out, and it's a bluebird day. The last remnants of salal and huckleberries are still on the bushes, but the rosehips are coming out. In half an hour, it'll be Autumn.

Vancouver Island's renowned for its mountain biking, and Cumberland's a key area. I got my first full-suspension bike this summer, and I've been loving the difference. Today I went straight up the gravel road to Two and A Juice, connected that with Buggered Pig, and came down Bronco's Perseverance. A nice familiar little loop. Fun on my own, just rode it non-stop as much as I could. I think I'll invite those girls for dinner, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment